seaLandings is the software application developed for and used by at-sea vessels that have limited internet capabilities.
- The ability to use an email client (ex. Outlook or Gmail) and receive return emails with attachments is necessary to use seaLandings.
- Fishers must adhere to NMFS Recordkeeping and Reporting Requirements found in §679.5
Application enhancements now provide users with two different report transmission options:
- Transmit reports and eLogs via email, or
- Transmit reports and eLogs via internet connection
This seaLandings User Guide contains chapters that explain how to create and submit landing and production reports.
- At-sea catcher processors operating in the EEZ and harvesting federally managed groundfish species are required to submit daily production reports while active.
- At-sea catcher processors must submit a groundfish landing report (ADF&G Commercial Fisheries Reporting Requirements) when they offload.
- At-sea catcher processors with motion compensated scales must use the electronic logbook
Sections in the seaLandings User Guide explain how to install seaLandings; create required reports, how to use the electronic logbook, and how to transmit reports and process return receipts.
If you need a refresher on Federal Recordkeeping and Reporting Requirements go here: 679 Regulations